8 Seductive Essential Oils For Valentine’s Day!
For many couples, Valentine’s Day is one day of the year where they really want to share a special time and show their partner how much they love and care about them.
To celebrate the occasion, millions of cards, flowers, chocolates, perfume, love letters, and cute little stuffed furry animals are sent, given, and unwrapped every year.
Romantic dates at exotic venues are yet another way that some people choose to show their significant others how much they truly value them.
But this approach doesn’t work for everyone; some couples leave it too late and can’t get a reservation at the restaurant or can’t face all the overcrowding and waiting to be seated. Many just get overwhelmed by the stress of trying to organize something special. Whisking your partner away on a surprise two-week-long exotic vacation may seem like an extremely romantic idea for a Valentine’s Day gift, but it may not work out the way you planned!
So on Valentine’s Day this year, why not try something different? Dim the lights and put some seductive essential oils in your vaporiser, light a few romantic candles and discover for yourself the flirtatious power of aromatherapy. By staying at home with the one you love (plus a few alluring essential oils) you’ll enjoy a far more intimate experience than any meal in a crowded restaurant could bring you!
Seductive essential oils
Since the days of the ancient Egyptians, fragrant oils have been used to enhance health, beauty, fertility, virility and of course, love. The Greeks and others learned from the Egyptians precisely how to use oils and aromatics to increase passion, and this knowledge quickly spread throughout the world.
Today, modern research has confirmed that pure essential oils can influence the brain and cause the complex chemistry of the brain to change subtly. It has been observed many times that certain essential oils will produce specific and repeatable emotional responses in an individual. So which essential oils are the best to arouse the passions within? Here are eight of the best:
- Frankincense – The calmness and serenity that frankincense essential oil instils will help to dispel the day-to-day worries that so often pour cold water onto passionate thoughts. During the calmness, the aroma stimulates the senses and desires helping to unleash your sensuality. Almost a perfume in itself, Frankincense can be used alone or added to any of the oils in this article.
- Jasmine – This was a sacred flower in ancient Persia, and was said to attract a lover due to its beautiful and irresistible aroma. Jasmine oil is believed to help with impotence and frigidity, most likely due to its reputation for helping to instil confidence and alleviate fear. For some people, its sweet and heady aroma can be a little overpowering, but this can be easily overcome by mixing it with other oils such as grapefruit, bergamot or lavender.
- Patchouli – Deep and mysterious, patchouli essential oil can unlock the hidden depths of your passion! If you and your partner have been going through a turbulent patch, patchouli may help to soothe arguments and settle things down a bit. This oil is best used in blends due to its very persistent fragrance, and just one drop of patchouli in any mix will add a hint of oriental mystery.
- Neroli – The most important ingredient in Eau-de-Cologne, neroli essential oil has a beautiful citrusy and sensual aroma that calms and arouses at the same time! Victorian brides would wear a sprig of neroli in their headdress and also carried it in the bridal bouquet to help calm nerves, as well as to stimulate the libido on the wedding night!
- Rose Otto – This is surely the most feminine of oils, with a powerfully seductive and sensual action which can be put to great use either as a single oil, or blended with sandalwood, geranium, lavender, frankincense or patchouli. Most women find a blend of rose otto essential oil and sandalwood absolutely divine!
- Sandalwood – With its sensual, woody aroma, sandalwood essential oil is great on its own and an ideal oil to awake the passions within! The amazing thing about sandalwood is that it can be blended with almost any other essential oil to add a soft, sweet and seductive note. Mix 2 drops of sandalwood, 1 drop of geranium and 1 drop of lavender for an exotic and floral-type blend. Very appealing to men.
- Tuberose – This oil is literally worth its weight in gold due to its low yield and high production cost. With its hauntingly beautiful floral fragrance, it is worth every penny when used for its aphrodisiac properties. Like jasmine, the flowers are picked at night and in India, it is known as ‘Mistress of the Night’. You certainly don’t need much of tuberose oil – a little goes a long, long way.
- Ylang ylang – This is another essential oil with a passionate and arousing action, plus it is a powerful relaxant that can help to allay nervousness and anxiety if you are the shy type. Ylang ylang essential oil has the ability to harmonise the emotional and sensual part of our being, releasing the fear of sensuality. Some people find ylang a little ‘heady’, so you may find you need to blend it with a citrus oil such as bergamot to reduce the sweetness a little. You will be sure to love the result.
Don’t pass up the chance of a little extra romance in your life – create your own special ‘love potion’ with your seductive essential oils which can be blended in a massage, added to a bath, or used in an aromatherapy diffuser or burner.
It’s all about experimenting with your essential oils and finding what works for you and your partner. With the right combination of essential oils it can lead to a night of unbridled passion!
Copyright © Quinessence Aromatherapy Ltd 2022. Written by Geoff Lyth