Empowering Essential Oils For Personal Transformation
Next weekend many people around the world celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and Easter Sunday on 9th April, which is considered one of the most holy of days in the Christian calendar.
For Christians, the Easter message is one of hope and life everlasting. It recalls that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after his crucifixion, symbolising death, rebirth and the immortality of life. In other words; out of suffering, something new and wonderful can be born. It can just be a bit of a bumpy road.
Despite all of the technological advances of the present world, we can’t protect ourselves from the unexpected and unwanted changes intruding into our daily lives. These challenges can often be painful, overwhelming and hard to bear. So, instead of letting go of the past and moving on to pastures new, we cling to yesterday and therefore limit the possibilities of tomorrow. But change and transformation is required in order to grow and move forward.
An example of this is when someone loses their job. This can be seen as a death to their old way of life, and when starting a new job it is the birth of a new path. However, some people get so stuck in the loss of the old that they can’t make way for the birth to anything new. Because of this they can make life very difficult for themselves.
All of us, without exception, live in an ever-changing world which brings constant challenges, and we should try to adapt to new ideas, concepts and challenges in everyday situations. The wise person understands this and adjusts, seeing the challenge for what it is – growth, transformation and rebirth of their whole being, including their soul.
Nevertheless, many people really don’t like change and prefer to remain in the world that they feel safe and secure in, whilst the world around them continues to change relentlessly. They fail to see that although the new path may be different, and even uncomfortable at times, it opens the door to new experiences and possibilities that were not available in their old circumstances. It is through this process that we learn, and become a wiser person.
Essential oils aid transformation
Utilising the subtle energetic properties of essential oils is the perfect way to empower you to get through the demands of transformation in life as you tackle life-changing challenges. They can embolden, support and transition you through the most difficult of times as you overcome your self-limitations. This is because essential oils have the ability to affect our state of mind and emotions via the limbic system, while supporting and empowering us to make the necessary changes. They can be used effectively to support us through the ‘death and resurrection’ growth-stages that regularly take place throughout our personal development.
While trying to adjust to dramatically changing circumstances, it’s normal to go through a whole range of emotions, and as individuals, everybody will react differently to the particular challenge being faced. By using an appropriate essential oil when a negative emotion sets in, you will be taking your first positive step of taking control of your challenge.
Here are the essential oils that help to empower, transform, and support you through the difficult changes you’ll face at times in your life:-
- Fear – Although fear may not be the obvious emotion that we are experiencing in times of change, it often lurks at the back of the mind impeding our progress. Essential oils of cedar atlas, cypress, frankincense, juniper berry, palmarosa, rose and ylang ylang can all relieve negativity and aid with the transition into a new phase.
- Anger – After the initial shock of your new state of affairs, anger often follows fear. Roman chamomile, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, helichrysum, neroli, orange sweet and ylang ylang essential oils can all be used effectively to calm the outrage that is often felt when unwanted circumstances are forced upon us.
- Frustration – When we want to change our situation but know that we can’t, just yet, frustration may develop. Once again, essential oils of Roman chamomile, frankincense and ylang ylang show their versatility for calming emotional states, together with bergamot, grapefruit, lavender, orange sweet and yuzu. These essential oils all help soothe the frustration of circumstances that are beyond our control.
- Insecurity – We may be left feeling vulnerable and insecure by negative changes entering our lives, so bergamot, cypress, geranium, jasmine, juniper berry, patchouli, sandalwood, yarrow and vetiver would be the oils of choice during this phase.
- Regret – Invariably, after the first raw emotions have been overcome, a tinge of regret often remains; ‘why didn’t I . . . if only I hadn’t . . . ‘ This emotion often lingers the longest, and if not dealt with effectively you may be left emotionally scarred for life. Using essential oils of grapefruit, helichrysum, lemon, rose, sandalwood, spikenard, yarrow and yuzu can help you get rid of this emotional baggage and move on.
How to use transformational essential oils
The quickest and easiest way to utilise essential oils for transformation is to vaporise them in an aromatherapy diffuser. That way, you can move the diffuser around your house to the location where you are relaxing or working and just get on with things. Meanwhile, the atomised essential oils trigger the release of natural neurochemicals and hormones in your body that will slow the heart rate, regulate blood pressure, and bring about a state of deep relaxation.
Adding essential oils to a nice warm aromatherapy bath is also a highly effective way to get transformational support, with the added benefit that a long, relaxing soak in the tub helps to ease any stress and tension too. If you prefer, you could get your partner to give you a simple back massage to get the essential oils into your nervous system.
We go through a whole range of emotions whilst trying to adjust to life-changing events in our lives. We are all individuals and will react differently to the circumstances, but one of the benefits of aromatherapy is its amazing versatility. By using the appropriate essential oils when a negative emotion sets in, you will be able to take your first positive step to becoming stronger and starting the transformation necessary to get back on with your life.
Copyright © Quinessence Aromatherapy Ltd 2023. Written by Geoff Lyth