Fighting Wrinkles The Natural Way
Fighting wrinkles seems to have become the battle of the decade. If you have them, you want to get rid of them – at almost any price.
And if you don’t have them, you may make some wrinkles appear just by worrying about how to avoid them!
This whole exaggerated fear of wrinkles is a cosmetic surgeon’s dream come true. They’ll inject you with ‘fillers’ that could possibly kill you in high enough doses – just to smooth out a few lines on your face.
But sadly, this is only a temporary fix. You have to keep going back every few months to repeat the procedure to keep up appearances, and in the process you end up paying a small fortune just to keep those signs of aging away. Before you know it, you could be paying more for maintenance on your wrinkles than it costs to keep your car up and running!
However, you can take control of your wrinkle management regimen with simple, low cost, natural approaches that you can use alongside your usual skin care products. If you want to have a great complexion you need to work on both the outside and the inside of your body.
So the key to having beautiful skin is really a combination of science and maintaining a few healthy habits such as sticking to a good diet, regular exercise, and using only high quality, natural skin care products.
Here are some simple tips to help keep premature skin aging at bay:
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. It almost sounds too simple, but it’s very important to hydrate from the inside-out. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it desperately needs to be hydrated, plus water cleanses your body of toxins and hydrates your skin which always makes it look younger. Drinking water – not lattes or sodas – keeps your skin supple and the rest of your body benefits, too!
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. The natural antioxidants in these fresh foods help strength skin tissue so that it repairs and rebuilds on schedule. The anti-oxidants and vitamins found in fruit and vegetables nourishes both your skin and hair.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements – particularly skin-friendly Vitamins A, C, and E. It doesn’t matter how many creams you put on your skin – if your body isn’t well-nourished, hydrated and supported with vitamins, signs of aging will show up and cause damage to your appearance.
- Include more nuts and oils in your diet. Use high quality virgin or extra virgin olive oil in your salads and for cooking. Snack on walnuts, peanuts or almonds. These foods help your body lubricate the skin from the inside-out.
- Get out of your house! You need fresh air and sunshine on a regular basis – and that doesn’t mean getting a suntan. Be smart and use a high number SPF sunscreen to avoid skin damage from ultraviolet rays. Don’t stay outdoors during the mid-afternoon hours when the sun is most powerful. Go out in the morning and late afternoon and avoid the wrinkle-forming midday sun.
- Facial massage is another good natural treatment for fighting the ravages of time on your skin. Blood circulation is increased by massage, which results in tightening of the muscles and tissues. Using revitalising essential oils such as frankincense, neroli and rose otto can produce amazing results on the skin.
- To look your best and prevent premature aging of your skin, always use high quality skin care products containing natural ingredients such as botanicals and essential oils as much as possible. Make sure you use a good natural cleanser on your face each day to unclog pores and keep your skin from looking dry and dull.
There are many natural skin care products available that can help slow down the aging process. These natural remedies are often less expensive and safer when compared to other more invasive techniques like cosmetic procedures, surgery or other chemical solutions. This can make them a great option when it comes to reducing the effect that time and environmental issues has on our skin.
Good skin care products are composed of natural ingredients such as fruits, vegetable oils, botanical extracts, vitamins and of course pure essential oils that are so vital for rebalancing moisture and restoring the elasticity of the skin while maintaining its softness. All of this, in turn, helps you maintain a younger, wrinkle-free appearance.
Combating wrinkles really is an inside job as well as an outside maintenance program. Remember, no amount of expensive designer creams alone will overcome what your body lacks to rebuild damaged skin cells.
Copyright © Quinessence Aromatherapy Ltd 2021. Written by Sue Charles